March 19, 2020
12:00 PM - 5:30 PM
Add to Calendar
Doubletree by Hilton Lisle/Naperville
3003 Corporate West Drive
Lisle, IL 60532
Registration & Lunch: 12:00pm - 12:30pm
Legislative Update: 12:30pm - 4:30pm
Cocktail Reception/Networking: 4:30pm - 5:30pm
Neil Dishman, Principal at Jackson Lewis, returns to present an update on the administration and its impact on employment legislation. We will discuss what has changed already and what is likely to change in the future across many areas of employment law. Attendees will leave this update with practical tips to use at their firms to ensure compliance within today’s legislative and political environments.
- The Illinois Cannabis Regulation and Tax Act;
- The Illinois Workplace Transparency Act;
- The changes to the salary requirements under the Fair Labor Standards Act;
- The numerous amendments to the Illinois Human Rights Act, including the requirement the employers provide sexual-harassment-prevention training;
- Amendments to the Illinois Equal Pay Act;
- Illinois’ Biometric Information Privacy Act;
- Illinois’ Hotel and Casino Employee Safety Act;
- The expense-reimbursement provisions of the Illinois Wage Payment and Collection Act; and
- Chicago’s new “Fair Workweek” Ordinance.
Neil and Casey will also discuss expected new employment legislation that may be passed in the year to come.
Presented by Neil Dishman
Neil H. Dishman is a Shareholder in the Chicago office of Jackson Lewis P.C., a national law firm representing management exclusively in workplace law and related litigation. Mr. Dishman helps employers reduce risk and minimize legal costs by giving advice on difficult personnel decisions before litigation ensues. When litigation is unavoidable, he helps employers protect their assets and reputations by vigorously and efficiently defending them from employee lawsuits. Mr. Dishman counsels and defends employers on a wide spectrum of issues, including race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability and sexual-orientation discrimination; sexual harassment; retaliatory discharge; Family and Medical Leave; and wage-hour compliance.
Mr. Dishman is committed to educating the human-resources community on key issues in employment law. To that end, he is a frequent speaker on employment-law topics, having given over twenty seminars to various business groups in just the last two years.
2020 Meeting Sponsor: Connor & Gallagher OneSourceRegister Now
$50.00 Member Ticket
$60.00 after 5:00 pm March 18
$75.00 Non-Member Ticket
$85.00 after 05:00 pm March 18